New PREORDER! Patches expected to arrive late September. Reading and Community Service Patch- Iron-On Patch
Description: Celebrate your Girl Scout troop's dedication to reading and community service with our Girl Scout Little Library Challenge Patch! This colorful and embroidered patch is a perfect addition to your girls' uniform sashes or vests. It recognizes their commitment to promoting literacy and making a positive impact in the community through the Little Library Challenge.
- Size: 3 inches in diameter
- Material: High-quality embroidered fabric
- Design: Features a cheerful Little Library with books and a friendly reading owl.
- Iron-on backing for easy application
- Vibrant and durable design
- Ideal for Girl Scouts, Brownies, Daisies, and troop leaders
- Perfect for uniforms, jackets, backpacks, and more
- A great way to inspire a love for reading and community engagement
A Little Library challenge is a great project for Girl Scouts for several reasons:
It Promotes Literacy, Community Service, Leadership Skills, Community Building, and they are a Positive Impact for all.
- Create troop bookmarks for readers in Little Libraries. This is a thoughtful and creative challenge that combines crafting and community service. Here's how you can organize this challenge.
- Create and add a signature card inside books that others who read the book can sign. This challenge fosters a sense of connection and community among readers.
- Creating your own Little Free Library. This is a fantastic project that can be a lasting contribution to your community.
- Have your troop and its members visit random Little Libraries to create a comprehensive list or map and then share it with girls in the service unit. This challenge is a practical and hands-on way for Girl Scouts to connect with their fellow troops and experience the joy of discovery while making a positive impact on their community. It encourages them to be active, responsible, and engaged citizens while reinforcing the bonds of sisterhood