Reordered as of November 19th - Patches are expected to arrive mid-Dec.
Are you going to see the Nutcracker ballet, this patch is just perfect.
- Red, Pinks, and Gold
- 2.75 inch round patch
- Iron-on, Laser cut
-Activity (Read INSPIRING IDEAS TAB BELOW)
The ideas offered are intended to help you plan your meeting. You can complete 1, 3, or 9 activities, choose what works for your group.
- Learn the story of the ballet, E.T.A. Hoffman, and Tchaikovsky as well as music. courtesy of blog, Make Moments Matter https://makemomentsmatter.org/content/how-to-teach-the-nutcracker/
- Make fun STEM Nutcracker crafts, ideas are courtesy of Red Ted Art https://www.redtedart.com/diy-nutcracker-ideas-for-kids-this-christmas/
- Paint and decorate your very own Nutcracker Soldier. Go online and search for unpainted wooden nutcracker soldiers sometimes spotted at dollar tree, target, Oriental Trading, Michaels, and Amazon.
- Learn about the ballet company performing and the dancers.
- If you know someone who dances for a ballet studio and has performed the Nutcracker ballet, ask that person to share a video of one of their dances, ask them to explain their part in the show and what they had to do to prepare for their part. Watch a virtual performance simultaneously and turn it into a watch party.
- Make a character from the show out of felt, molding clay, or draw one on a rock.
- Read a Nutcracker-inspired book. Find book recommendations by blogger Nourishing My Scholar, https://nourishingmyscholar.com/nutcracker-ballet-activities/
- Tell the story using a toilet paper roll. https://pin.it/3tN3sxl
- Bake and decorate Nutcracker Cookies No cutter, no problem. http://sweetdreamsandsugarhighs.com/2011/12/20/no-cookie-cutter-no-problem/
- Make Paper Ballerina Snowflakes https://www.kidskubby.com/paper-ballerina-snowflakes/
- Take a virtual ballet class!!